Benefits of a Ductless Mini-Split
Are you considering getting a ductless mini-split system for your home? Zoned heating makes a lot of sense, especially in homes and apartments that aren’t already equipped with ductwork.
There are many reasons someone might look into installing one of these energy-efficient heating and cooling units. You can easily add a new room to a home without adding new ductwork. Older homes that utilized window units for cooling can be affordably updated with mini-split systems. They can also be retrofitted into homes that already have a duct system in place.
We’ve compiled a list of the more important reasons that a ductless mini-split is worth considering.
- Zoning – Zone control means that you can control the temperature in a space much more precisely than a whole house or window unit system. It also means you won’t be conditioning the air of other rooms/spaces that you don’t want to condition.
- More Cost-Efficient than an HVAC – Ductless mini-split systems are a bit pricier upfront, but they are ultimately more efficient and cost less to operate than older heating and cooling units. There is also no loss of air through air ducts – and you aren’t paying to cool areas like your hallway or unused guest rooms.
- Energy-Savings – The smaller size and the zoned (targeted) heating ensure that you are using less energy, especially compared to whole house units. Ductless systems all use R410-A, the most advanced coolant on the market. This coolant has less impact on the environment – effectively reducing your carbon footprint at the same time.
- Easy Installation/Minimally Invasive – A ductless mini-split doesn’t require much construction/renovation of a home, simply a three-inch opening for a conduit between the outside unit and the inside unit. They also don’t take up much space, their compact design allows them to fit easily in any home décor.
- Less Pollutants – Dust and allergens are not as pervasive in a ductless mini-split unit as there is no duct system to collect and distribute the airborne pollutants. Ductless mini-splits have a multi-stage filtration that collects particulates that would potentially irritate eyes and lungs.
- Powerful – Provides the effectiveness of a central air unit with the combined simplicity of a window unit (though they are a bit more invasive). These small units can heat and cool a wide range of square footage depending on their BTU capacity.
- Quiet – The loudest components of a ductless mini-split, the compressor and condenser fan, are located on the outside. This ensures that it takes up less space and makes less noise than older window units.
- Difficult to Steal – One of the main problems with older window units was they were easy marks for thieves. Countless A/C unites were pulled out of windows, compelling people to place unattractive cages around them for protection. Even though the components are small, the two-piece design doesn’t allow for someone to simply pull it out of its connection.
If you are thinking about investing in a ductless mini-split system, give us a call! Our technicians keep up with the latest advancements in ductless heating and cooling to ensure the best service in the area. Enjoy zone controlled air this summer by calling 253-292-3995 today!